The World Summit Award (WSA) looks for digital applications that have a strong impact on society in one of the 8 WSA categories. WSA focusses on content depth, strategic value and local impact of a product.
The World Summit Awards are a unique awards system, selecting and promoting local digital innovation to improve society. Combining an ongoing series of international events and activities with a global network of start-ups, social entrepreneurs, mentors, jurors, speakers, experts, government leaders, academia and civil society, WSA is an international platform for cutting edge examples of how ICTs can impact society in a positive way.
With over 15 years of international experience, WSA is a quality seal for digital content with societal impact in over 180 participating countries.
World Summit Awards are conducted by ICNM, an Austrian not-for-profit organisation based in Salzburg and Vienna, Austria. ICNM organizes national, regional and global competitions to demonstrate the richness and diversity of digital media with societal impact. ICNM was founded by Prof. Peter A. Bruck in 2002.
Worth of Award
- The World Summit Awards are a non-monetary award system with a focus on sustainable knowledge transfer through a worldwide network.
- This means that winners benefit not from a one time financial reward, but a lifelong partnership and integration.
Winners of the World Summit Awards benefit from:
Invitation to the WSA World Congress including:
- Pitching seminars
- 7 minute pitch session in front of an international audience during the Congress
- A program of especially crafted workshops for the winners
- Invitation to the prestigious award ceremony and Gala night
- Board and lodging for the durance of the Congress
- Eye to eye exchange with speakers, jurors and international guests
- Integration into a network of internationally recognized digital content developers
- Access to the WSA community of global experts and industry leaders in over 178 countries
- Interaction with world-renowned sponsors and partners of the WSA community
- Workshops specially shaped for the winners needs
- A videoclip highlighting the winners projects
- Special placement on WSA website, youtube channel and social media promotion
- Long-term coverage within WSA editorial channels
- WSA is open to any company, organisation or individual in any UN and UNESCO member state.
- The participation in the WSA Young Innovators is restricted to any entrepreneur, company, student group or project team, where at least one of the founding members and the majority of the team is under the age of 30 (born on or after January 1, 1988) from any of the UN and UNESCO member states.
How to Apply
- Taking part in the WSA is eligible by being nominated by a WSA national expert.
- The WSA national experts select in a democratic process which solutions will be nominated for each respective WSA category.
- Deadlines for national submission of application for WSA may vary locally. National deadlines can be earlier than the communicated international WSA call deadline. WSA national experts are entitled to set independent national deadlines for application to WSA.
- Registration, including submitting project information, must be completed online via the WSA contest database in coordination with the communicated international WSA call deadline.
- Submitting a product to the evaluation and selection process does by no means entitle a producer to any benefits. There is no way of challenging this decision legally.
- Only submitted and fully filled in applications will be considered by the WSA Jury. WSA Jury may switch applications to other categories.
- Submission is free of charge.
Deadline: applications close July 31, 2019.